National Service Secretariat has deployed 91,871 personnel to serve in various institutions as part of their 1-year mandatory service to the country
. The acting Executive Director of the scheme, Ussif Mustapha made the announcement at a press conference in Accra to release postings for the 2017/2018 service year
.according to him, about 76,908 (85%) of the service personnel deployed would service in the public sector while the remaining 14,963 (15%) have been posted to the private sector.
He said about 2,170 of the personnel will be deployed to serve in various agric-related positions as part of President’s Akufo-Addo’s ‘Planting for food and jobs’ program.
He noted that majority of the personnel will be serving in the Greater Accra Region, a development which is consistent with the previous statistics.
Ussif Mustapha said the Secretariat has put in place various measures to ensure that this year’s service registration was without challenges of the previous year.
He said the Secretariat has decided to provide ample time for prospective personnel to complete their registration and also make the necessary accommodation and transportation arrangements ahead of their service.
Service personnel are expected to complete their biometric registration at their respective district offices between 17th July and 17th August, 2017.
They are to report to work on September 1, 2017.