President Akufo-Addo has appointed NPP Member of Parliament for the Ledzokuku Constituency, Dr. Bernard Oko-Boye as the Board Chairman of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.A letter from the Chief of Staff, Akosua Frema Osei-Opare to the Minister of Health, dated 28th June, 2018, named nine (9) persons nominated by President Akufo-Addo to serve on the board of the hospital.
The other members are;
1. Dr. Radha Maria Odua Hackman (Gov’t appointee)
2. Mr Jerry Ahmed Shaib (Gov’t appointee)
3. Dr Patrina Tekyi-Ankrah (Gov’t appointee)
4. Prof Margaret Lartey (Dean, School of Medicine and Dentistry)
5. Dr Samuel Asiamah (Director of Medical Affairs/ Ag. CEO)
6. Mrs Elizabeth Bruce (Director of Pharmacy)
7. Mr Bright Korkoryie (Director Of Finance)
8. Mrs Rita Aryee (Director of Nursing Services)
9. Mr Nurudeen Mohammed (Director of Administration)
Dr. Oko-Boye, 36, who could arguably be the youngest Board Chairman for the premier health facility, has been a medical doctor for many years prior to his appointment.
He will Chair the board, while the others will act as members.
The Chief of Staff directed the Health Minister to take the necessary steps to swear in the nominees.